Spring 2016 Mandatory for "First Time in College"
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is now mandatory for first time in college students.
A first time in college student is defined as a new student that after graduating from high school or receiving a GED, has not previously attended a college or university.
(Transfer students, transient students, Spring 2016 enrolling dual credit or concurrent credit high school students
DO NOT attend orientation).
WCJC Mandatory New Student Orientation is offered by your WCJC campus staff to help new students be as successful as possible at college. Our goal is to answer your questions, put your fears to rest and help you get started on the right foot. We know that students who attend our orientation programs have a greater level of academic success and continue in college in greater numbers than those students that don’t attend.
Orientation sessions are approximately 3 hours long and will include:
Please review the information below. All items below must be cleared prior to your attendance at New Student Orientation. It is strongly recommended that the below items be cleared a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your New Student Orientation date and time.
1. Have you completed and submitted an application for admission www.applytexas.org ?
If you did not receive a letter or e-mail from WCJC indicating receipt of your application, then verify it by contacting the Office of Admission and Registration. The application for admission may take up to 90 hours to process. Click here for application instructions.
2. Have you started your financial aid process www.fafsa.gov ? Please be aware that priority deadlines exist for financial aid. Submit your financial aid application and scholarship applications as early as possible. Financial Aid information
3. Have you requested a final high school transcript with date of graduation and testing scores, or requested a copy of your GED and verified with the Office of Admission and Registration that they have been received? Admissions requirements
4. If you were NOT exempt from taking a placement test, have you taken your TSI placement test? Testing information
5. Have you fulfilled any requirements for holds that may be on your student account, such as any residency holds, or a hold for the meningitis vaccination requirement? Bacterial meningitis info and form
SEATING IS LIMITED.